The ‘Appetite for Growth’ conference returned at a pivotal time for Northern Ireland food and drink. Organised by the Northern Ireland Food and Drink Association (NIFDA) and supported by InvestNI and HSBC, the 2021 NIFDA Business Conference took place virtually on Friday 3rd September to an online audience of over 100 agri food and drink businesses.
The Conference theme was “Fresh Thinking for Future Growth” and this was explored by leading industry experts through identifying the key market megatrends of the coming decades, and discussed how the industry can grow for the future through improved productivity and innovation.
Industry Speakers included:
- Gillian Morris, HSBC Head of Corporate Banking
- Clive Black (Shore Capital)
- Allan Wilkinson (HSBC, Head of Food & Agriculture)
- Michelle Charrington (Invest NI)
- Ian Wright, Food & Drink Federation
- Oriel Petry, Department of International Trade NI
- Focus on Finnebrogue – Experience of the Invest NI Consumer Insights service
- Dominic Darby, Formerly Head of Innovation, Marks & Spencer
- In Conversation with Sir Peter Kendall ahead of the launch of the Kendall Review into the future of agri-food in Northern Ireland.